Prof. M. Nabil Mawsouf
Professor of Pain Management and Head of Ozone Therapy Unit, National Cancer Institute, Cairo University
President of The Egyptian Medical Society of Ozone Therapy and Complementary Medicine
Ozone is oxygen with 3 atoms (O3). In nature it is created by the action of ultraviolet rays on atmospheric oxygen 20 to 30 kilometers from earth surface to form ozone layer. It is also generated by the action of the high voltage of thunder (lightning) on atmospheric oxygen near earth. This explains the fresh air that we smell following rain. In addition, ozone is generated by the action of sea waves on oxygen at the sea-shore with the characteristic smell.
Medical Ozone is a mixture of pure ozone gas (0.05 – 5 %) and pure oxygen (99.95 – 95 %). It is generated from pure medical oxygen by medical ozone generators. These generators work by exposing oxygen to high voltage. Medical ozone has many benefits not only in treating diseases but also in athletes.
What can Ozone do (generally speaking)?
- Inactivates Viruses, Bacteria, Yeast, Fungi, Parasites and Protozoa
- Stimulates Immune System, Speeds Healing
- Cleans Arteries and Veins, Improving Circulation
- Purifies the Blood and Lymph
- Oxidizes Toxins, Facilitating their Excretion
- Normalizes hormone and Enzyme Production
- Reduces Inflammation
- Reduces Pain, Calm nerves
- Reduces Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Improves Brain function and Memory
- Scavenges Free Radicals
- Chalets Heavy Metal, working well in conjunction with EDTA
- Stimulates production of Protective Enzymes